IT'S TO WIN a FREE ACFE Exam Prep Course!
The deadline is only days away for you to SAVE $1,000
and receive a Distinctive and Professional Credential. ACT NOW!
The Georgia Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners sponsors monthly meetings and an annual seminar
to provide continuing education in fraud detection, deterrence, and prevention. The proceeds of the annual seminar are
used to fund our scholarship program which in 2019 will focus on providing financial assistance to fraud porfessionals in
becoming Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs). Since CFEs can make a tremendous impact in protecting an organization's
bottom line, our goal is to assist you in attaining your certification with the most respected professional certification
available in the anti-fraud industry. Not to mention the fact that there are various benefits to you in becoming a CFE.
In 2019 We Are Doing The Following...
The GACFE expects to award a number of CFE Professional Scholarships this year that will provide applicants
fully funded FREE CFE Exam Prep Courses. That represents a savings of nearly $1,000 to you in becoming a CFE!
Candidate Eligibility and Requirements...
Scholarships will be awarded to persons currently employed full time in the fraud examination and investigative fields
(private or government sectors). Candidates must have two (2) or more years of experience in fraud investigations
and or examination, as well as either be a current or new member of our Chapter. If you are not a member, then please
visit our membership and join today.
Scholarships will be awarded at the December 2019 GACFE meeting and holiday luncheon.
Candidates who are elgible to participate can come from any area of the anti-fraud profession to include...
- Law Enforcement
- Forensic Accounting or Accounting *
- Risk Management
- Corporate Security / Loss Prevention
- Information Security Technology
- Audit *
- Law (i.e. prosecuting lawyers, fraud litigators, and others with an anti-fraud specialization)
- Private Investigations
- Any Other Field (must relate to fraud investigations/examination)
* You may qualify if you have experience as an accountant or auditor (e.g., internal or external auditor), and have certain
responsibilities for the detection and deterrence of fraud by evaluating accounting systems for weaknesses, designing
internal controls, determining the degree of organizational fraud risk, interpreting financial data for unusual trends, and following
up on fraud indicators.
To complete the CFE Scholarship application, please fill out the application via the link below and email your
entire packet, application, and scanned documents (scanned documents are to comprise one PDF doc)
Please note that you will need to show proof of eligibility by attaching the following enclosures:
- Proof of GA State Residency
- Proof that you are currently employed in the public or private sector for at least two years and that your job
duties relate to fraud examination and investigations *
- Two letters of recommendation from your employer, one being from a supervisor or manager **
- Proof of military service; if applicable (DD-214 or other official document)
- Copy of College or University Degree Diploma
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Complete a 300-500 word essay via the GACFE scholarship application explaining why you deserve the
scholarship to enroll in the CFE Exam prep course and how becoming a CFE would enhance your career
and your organization's fraud deterrence goals.
* A letter of recommendation from your employer will serve as proof of your employment (bulletpoint # 2). Please however
ask your employer to indicate in the letter how long you have been employed with them. If less than two years, you may be
asked to furnish proof of prior employment to meet requirement of two years experience in the fraud examination and
** Any letter of recommendation from employers must be on company stationary, signed and dated, and scanned.
NOTE: CFE Scholarship Applications will be accepted between August 15 to October 15.
Deadline for all completed appplications is October 15th
** No late applications will be accepted **
How Will Candidates be Assessed...
Applicants will be scored by the scholarship committee based upon a rubric that takes into consideration:
- Professional accomplishments
- Professional and volunteer organization membership
- Military service (if applicable)
- Your essay
Scholarship Application Link...
- Please read all instructions above prior to applying.
- Download application below
- Then please scan and email all scholarship components together in
one email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 GACFE - CFE Exam Prep Scholarship Application
For additional information contact:
Georgia Chapter, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc.
Attn: Douglas Legg - Chairman of Career Affairs Committee at: email@example.com